This recipe was originally written by Paige for Vega and appeared on MyVega.com
Whether you’re craving pesto for pasta or as a hors d’oeuvres spread, this vegan pesto recipe lets you get creative in the kitchen. Start with the base ingredients, and then pick your own green and nut and experiment with flavor!
If you can’t eat this much pesto in a week, try freezing it into ice cube trays for fresh flavor any time of year.
SOME OF OUR FAVORITE COMBINATIONS:
- Dandelion greens, pumpkin seeds and hazelnuts
- Basil, spinach and walnuts
- Arugula, basil and walnuts
Note: If you’re using a bitter green (arugula, beet or dandelion greens) it’s best to pair them with second, less bitter herb or green choose a nut that has natural sweetness (hello pecans and hazelnuts).
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 4 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 cup nuts or seeds (almonds, pine nuts, pecans, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, cashews, hazelnuts, pistachio, or walnuts)
- 2 cups fresh greens (basil, dandelion greens, arugula, cilantro, kale, parsley, or beet greens)
- Add all of the ingredients to your food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
- You may want to add a touch of water if you like a thinner consistency.
Leave a Comment