With summer in full swing, now is the time to eat more fresh raw foods. Regardless if salad is taking up most or part of your plate, summer is a great time to maximize on all the herbs and vegetables that thrive during this time of the year.
Eating seasonally is one of the best ways to become your most vibrant, healthy, and thriving self. Our organs, cells, and even bacteria operate on a circadian rhythm; choosing foods that align with that rhythm can lower disease risk and increase vitality.
Summer is one of my favorite seasons because of the fantastic foods, especially fruit, available. However, we might experience flare-ups of fungus because of the heat, such as athlete’s foot or other candida-related issues. Choosing functional foods that are naturally antibacterial, antifungal, and antimicrobial is an excellent way to “let food be thy medicine.”
You can learn more about the medicinal benefits of all these herbs in my Healing Italian Dressing recipe.
Sub out regular noodles, but keep the flavor with this raw zucchini pasta that’s perfect for warm summer nights.
- 2 large zucchini
- 4 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 tbsp shredded fresh basil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Peel the outer layer of the zucchini. Using a julienne peeler or spiralizer, shred the zucchini.
- Combined all of the remaining ingredients in a bowl. If you have time let it marinate for 1-2 hours.
- Pour the sauce over the zucchini and gently massage with your hands.
Don’t forget to chew each bite at least 30 times!
cresent moon cafeJune 14, 2019 4:35 PM
Hi there! Do you use Twitter? I’d like to follow you if that would be okay.
I’m definitely enjoying your blog and look forward to new posts.